How to Submit a Guest Blog
At Best Companies Group, we love to host guest bloggers! When you have something to share with an audience of organizations that are concerned with things like employee engagement, company culture, and the awesomeness of people, this is a great way to share your ideas. Below, please find the guidelines for submitting a guest blog.
- Limit your article to 450 – 550 words
- It must not have been previously published
- We don’t consider simultaneous submissions (meaning, the same pitch must not be pending with another site at the time you send yours to us).
- If accepted, the article must not be published elsewhere (including your own website), but we do encourage our guest bloggers to share the link like crazy
COME UP WITH A GREAT IDEA
- Write a post based on a book you’ve written
- Use your expertise to interpret a recent trend or news event
- Offer a solution to a common concern or problem
- Share a personal experience that is likely to interest many other people
SEND A PROPOSAL
- Rather than send the full article, submit a tentative headline, 2-3 sentences describing what the article will be about and why that matters to our audience, and 1 sentence on how you’re qualified to write such a piece.
- Based on your proposal, I will let you know within 5 business days whether to submit the article. If you do not hear from me in that time, please assume that we will not be able to publish your submission. You should then feel free to offer it somewhere else.
- Email queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WRITE WITH THE READER IN MIND
- Hook the reader
- Organize your piece in segments, with headings within the article
- Assume the reader is busy and has a short attention span
- Avoid advice the reader will find obvious
- Use strong examples to support your claims
INCLUDE A BRIEF BIO AT THE TOP
- Your name
- Company name
- Company website
- If you’ve written a book relevant to your post, include the title and a link to web page where said book is for sale.
- Your twitter and Google+ profile pages
SUBMIT THE COMPLETED ARTICLE
- Please send the final version
- Paste your article into the body of an email or attach as a Microsoft word document
We will acknowledge receipt of your article that same day, letting you know within a week whether it has been accepted for publication. If your article is accepted, we reserve the right to edit the article at our discretion, including changes in the text, subheads and headline, to improve readability and maximize web traffic.